Monday, October 25, 2010

Where does the time go?

I am a Time Waster.  For such a busy person, you'd think I had a better handle on how I spend my time, but the truth is that the minutes and seconds slip away until hours have gone by and I've accomplished nothing.  I just space out and lose focus.  And by the time I get it back, I've lost any opportunity I may have had to catch up or even get ahead of where I wanted to be.

So, in response, I sacrifice my sleep.  It's a vicious cycle.  If I wasn't so tired, perhaps I could focus better, and if I could focus I could get things done in a timely manner.  And then, if I could get things done, I could go to sleep on time.  Instead, I'm behind, not having finished importing my latest audiobook find, and not quite ready for my next Girl Scout meeting, and the laundry is half done from the weekend, and the whites from last week still need to be folded.

Am I the only one with an aversion to folding socks?  Especially socks for 5 people?  I'm going to hazard a guess at no, but either way, commiseration won't get the socks matched and folded.  My husband might, though.

It's almost as if I hold myself back.  Because if I was actually on top of things or even ahead, I might have a calmer, less harried life.  It could be considered some measure of success.  I must say, I agree with whomever said, "The fear of success is greater than the fear of failure".

Can I actually do this?  What must it feel like to succeed?  And not just on the outside, but deep down where I know in my heart that I've met my own rigorous standards.  Ultimately I'll answer to myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment