Friday, November 5, 2010

China Medical Mission Article Will Be Published!!

I received an email back from the International Nursing editor today ACCEPTING my article for publication!!!  There are 3 articles ahead of mine, so the plan is to use the time to refine the submission and include pictures of the experience.  I'm guessing summer of 2011 for a publication date.  She also paid me a very nice complement, saying that she didn't see a lot of revision being necessary because it was "very well written."

As my Uncle David just told me, I'm going to be spoiled now because usually it takes a very long time to receive a decision about whether or not the manuscript is accepted.  I was prepared to wait and expected to be rejected thinking that my manuscript might not be up to the standards of the Journal of Emergency Nursing.  To have such a tremendously positive response only 2 days after the original submission is beyond encouraging!!

For those of you who aren't familiar with this publication, it's the official publication of the Emergency Nurses Association - the national organization that represents emergency nurses.  ENA is the emergency nurses' equivalent of the AMA or the American College of Emergency Physicians.  To say that I'm honored would be an understatement.

A huge thank you to Brian Faley for helping me realize that my article was ready and for walking me step-by-step through the submission process.  I may have stalled indefinitely if it weren't for him basically saying, "What are you waiting for?  Let's do it."

I'm also so grateful to everyone from the mission (Dr. Chiang and his wife Julie, Dr. Kane and Dr. Hernandez, Jane Burke and of course my darling husband Eric) and my friends and family who supported me in putting this article together.  Not only is this a major professional accomplishment, but it's also a very personal one.

So on that note, I'm going to take my perma-smile-self out with my husband to celebrate.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment